Yesterday (or earlier this morning) I wrote about a Visual Studio DataGridView error that had me banging my head against a brick wall for a while. This post covers some more of the possible solutions in a little more detail.
Archive for March, 2007
Another fairly hard-core post on .Net today, so if you don’t program in C# .Net, you can probably ignore this! Recently, I have started playing with integrating databases into C# for the first time. I’ve done a little bit of data binding before, but I’ve never used the DataGridViewControl until this week.
I’ve recently upgraded my main computer workstation to Windows XP (I know! Cutting Edge!) and in the process realised that at last I could update my system to use Intel Speedstep technology. The upshot of this is that my dual processor machine now looks like a quad processor in Windows, as (to cover the issue somewhat vaguely) the speedstep technology introduces two command ‘pipelines’ into each processor. I’m a bit hazy on the exact details.
I recently received a letter from British Telecom (BT) thanking me for signing up with their online billing service. They wrote: “We recently sent an email to XXXX@XXXXXXXX to welcome you to the service. Unfortunately, the email was returned to us undelivered”.
The only problem is; I have never signed up for online billing! And it is no surprise that the email address they are using is bouncing the emails, because it is nearly 6 years since I closed that account!